Terms and Conditions of Use
Agreement to use our Website
These Terms and Conditions, together with our Privacy Notice, and any additional terms which might apply to certain products or services, outline the rules and regulations for the use of London Academic Publishing LTD's “Website” and explain the terms on which London Academic Publishing LTD provides you, the user, with access to this “Service” (i.e. www.lapub.co.uk and any of its subdomains, including but not limited to www.books.lapub.co.uk, www.journals.lapub.co.uk, www.shop.lapub.co.uk and www.harrington-centre.lapub.co.uk, unless explicitly excluded by their own terms and conditions) and other services of London Academic Publishing LTD, including programs and events, that refer or link to this Terms and Conditions (each, a “Service”), hereinafter, "us", "we", the "Website", the “Service”, the "Site".
Last revised: May 5, 2020
London Academic Publishing LTD
Company registered in England and Wales
Company No. 10941794
VAT No. GB287851549
Our registered office is at
27, Old Gloucester Street
Section 1. General Conditions of Using our Service
All content in the form published on our Website is copyright © London Academic Publishing LTD or published by us under licence from the copyright holder.
Unless otherwise set out herein, content comprised within the Services, including text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, videos, audio, images, applications, programs, computer code and other information (collectively, the "Content"), including but not limited to the design, layout, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, is owned by London Academic Publishing LTD, its licensors or its content providers and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and unfair competition laws. All such rights are reserved.
Except where it is otherwise indicated as acceptable on the Website, no parts of the Website or any Content of the Service may be copied, modified, reproduced, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed or used without the prior written permission of London Academic Publishing LTD. Any use made of such content may be an infringement of rights in that content and we reserve all rights to enforce such rights.
You may read, view, print and (where permitted) listen to and download the contents of an individual page for your own personal, non-commercial, informational or scholarly use, only provided that all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices contained in the materials on any copy of these materials is retained, but you may not make more than one copy electronically or otherwise of any of the contents and you may not extract, copy or further distribute, sell, publish or transmit any part of the material by electronic or any other means.
For information on obtaining permission to reproduce or translate London Academic Publishing LTD’s copyright material, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not:
- resell, supply or otherwise make the content contained on the Website or other information derived therefrom available in any manner or on any media to any third party without our prior written consent;
- use this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- use this Website in any way may cause harm to the Website or to any person or business entity;
- use this Website to gain unauthorised access to our Service, the server on which our Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Service;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or translate any software in the Content, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of such software, except to the extent expressly permitted under applicable law, without our prior written permission. You may not engage in the systematic retrieval of Content from the Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without our prior written permission;
- to transmit knowingly any data, or send or upload any material, that contains viruses, trojans, worms or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (‘spam’) - for example (but without limitation), you may not use the Services to conduct any business, to solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law, or to solicit other users to become subscribers of other information services;
- use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link or index any Content;
- engage in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Service or any network connected to the Services or breach or attempt to breach the security or authentication measures on the Services or any network connected to the Service;
- If the Service contains robot exclusion files or robot exclusion headers, you agree not use any device, software or routine to bypass them;
- download or embed on to your machine, server or institutional system any third party content (including without limitation videoclips and photographs) from our Website under any circumstances and, by agreeing to these Terms, you understand and acknowledge that you are prohibited from so extracting any third party content from the Website and that to do so would be a material breach of these Terms by you;
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the Website or its Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Welcome to London Academic Publishing LTD
Section 2. Hyperlinking to our Content
You are welcomes to link to our Website, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage and provided that the link (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
You may not use on your site any trademarks, service marks or other artworks and copyrighted materials appearing on the Website, including but not limited to any logos, without the express written consent or an explicit license of the owner of the mark or right.
iFrames. Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not frame or otherwise incorporate into another site any of the Content or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend this linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our Website. If you find any link on our Website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Content Liability. We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
If you wish to make any use of Content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us (email@example.com).
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our Website.
By visiting our Website and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms and Conditions of Use”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink, without any further declaration being required. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Website, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content. You are responsible for bringing these Terms to the attention of anyone who may read material on this Site as a result of your access to it.
If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service. Do not continue to use London Academic Publishing LTD's Website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this Website.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current Website (including, but not limited to the Store www.shop.lapub.co.uk) shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Parts of our Website are available to browse free of charge, whilst some content is only available to those who have paid for, or have otherwise been permitted, access to it. Please note that some usage terms, purchase terms, and privacy policies of various London Academic Publishing LTD’s products and services within this Website or linked to this Website may be subject to more specific terms and policies, such us, but not limited to purchases or supply of goods or services including intellectual property. Please check those terms and policies frequently to determine the terms applicable to such products and services. If there is a conflict between those more specific terms and conditions and these Terms, then the more specific terms and conditions will apply.
Changes to Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our Website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our Website or the Service following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
We reserve the right to refuse the Service to anyone and in any circumstances. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Service.
The use of our Website by minors (below the age of sixteen (16) years of age) is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Website that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Website should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Terms.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and any or all notices:
"Client", "You" and "Your” refers to you, the person accessing this Website and accepting the Company's Terms and Conditions.
"The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company.
"Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
The headings used in these notices are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.